In-Home Assessment with Google Nest
Upgrade your home energy assessment to include the installation all for just $75. Once the assessment is complete, your auditor will install a Google Nest smart thermostat to help you start saving energy right away.
During your assessment with the installation of a Google Nest, which is typically 2-3 hours, you will receive:
- An evaluation that takes into consideration all parts of your home, including the heating system, insulation levels, water heater and even your windows and doors
- Rebates as determined by your home energy auditor
- Suggestions for potential savings on energy bills
- Installation of a Google Nest smart thermostat
- Additional Nest Thermostat units may be purchased for $75/per thermostat installed to replace already existing thermostats. Discounted assessments are not available when participating in the 2023 Nest Thermostat promotion.
- Must complete a comprehensive home energy assessment by one of CLEAResult’s energy auditors
- Improvements must be recommended as a result of the home energy assessment
- Participating contractor must install Contractor-Installed measures, customer can install Do-It-Yourself (DIY) installed measures
- Improvements must meet the Program’s minimum requirements for the measure
- The total combined rebate amount must be at least $75, but no more than the $1,250 maximum
- Rebate Application must be received by CLEAResult within one (1) year from the date of the home energy assessment and no greater than ninety (90) days from the date of completion of work.
- Be a residential Dominion Energy Ohio customer with an active account in an individually metered, single-family, or multi-family dwelling with no more than 4 individually metered units
- Have natural gas as the residence’s primary heating source
- Not be on the Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus), and/or not be eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), refer to PIPP/HEAP income guidelines
- Not have completed a home energy assessment through Dominion Energy Ohio’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, or received weatherization assistance through Dominion Energy Ohio’s Housewarming Program in the last 5 years
- Use a CLEAResult qualified auditor for the assessment and a participating contractor when making the recommended improvements in order to qualify for rebates through the Program
- Contractor Installed Measures and Rebates, Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Measures and Rebates
- The Dominion Energy Ohio Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is available until annual funding is expended or the Program is discontinued by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. The Program is funded by Ohio utility customers and is administered by CLEAResult, on behalf of Dominion Energy Ohio.